Ad Title: Community Services Director - MHARS Board of Lorain County Contact: Patrice McKinney City: Lorain State: OH Zip: 44055 Phone (W): 440-787-2070 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: The Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery Services (MHARS) Board of Lorain County is seeking an experienced community mental health and substance use disorder professional as Community Services Director. The person will provide leadership in ensuring the highest standards of care for the county’s comprehensive community mental health and substance use disorder system, and will ensure that high quality, fiscally responsible, mental health and substance use disorder system services meet the needs of those in Lorain County.
Candidates must have knowledge of and experience with the continuum of community based services, public funding streams and fiscal planning, program evaluation, budgetary analysis, project management, and treatment and recovery supports for adults and children. Collaboration and team facilitation skills required. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator and have successful experience providing administrative and clinical supervision.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a closely related field; Ph.D. preferred. No less than 5 to 10 years progressively responsible clinical, supervisory and management experience in mental health, substance use disorders or a closely related field.
Salary is negotiable with excellent fringe benefits. The full job description and application are available at: mharsloraincounty.org/blog/csd2020
Send completed applications and résumés to Patrice McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1173 North Ridge Rd. East, Suite 101, Lorain, Ohio 44055. The deadline to apply is February 5th.
The MHARS Board of Lorain County reserves the right to extend the timeframe for the search if a desirable candidate is not found or for any other reason.
Ad Title: Director of Prevention and Early Intervention Services - Montgomery County ADAMHS Board City: Dayton State: OH Phone (W): 937.225.4018 Website:visit our website... Description: The Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board for Montgomery County is seeking applicants for the following position:
Job Title: Director Prevention and Early Intervention Services
Division: Prevention and Early Intervention Services
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Prevention and Early Intervention Services reports directly to the Executive Director and provides leadership and expertise in the area of local primary prevention to further the strategic goals of Montgomery County ADAMHS. This individual is also responsible for collaborating with other County boards and agencies on statewide and regional initiatives. The position requires an individual with training and certification and a great vision and understanding of primary prevention, strategic framework and planning, and state and national level program development.
• Master’s degree in a Behavioral Health discipline, Public Administration or a closely related Management field with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible Senior Management level experience
• Preference will be given to candidates with behavioral health experience and an active prevention certification through the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board (OCPS/OCPC). Administrative experience in public sector funding is a plus
• Experience must include budgeting, program development/management, and a working knowledge of youth and adult prevention services, sensitivity to vulnerable populations, school-based programming, alcohol and drug addiction services, mental health services, quality/performance improvement activities, and best practice prevention principles
• Grant writing skills/experience preferred; Grants Professional Certification (GPC) preferred. Experience in PC software to include Word and SAMSHA-based applications is required.
Please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montgomery/default.cfm for a complete job description and to apply.
Ad Title: Manager of Resource Development Contact: Beth Watson City: Canton State: OH Zip: 44702 Phone (W): 330-455-6644 Email:Beth.Watson@starkmhar.org Website:visit our website... Description: Job Title: MANAGER OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS Classification: Classified
Department: BUSINESS OPERATIONS Last Revision FEBRUARY 2020
Approved By: EMILY PROVANCE, DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES Date: 2/10/2020
Under general direction of the Director of Business Operations, responsible for resource development and the researching, identifying, developing and writing of Federal, State, Local and Foundation grant proposals, generating revenue for STARKMHAR approved programs and services; supervises Grants Accountant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Research & Analysis: Oversees prospect research on public and private funding opportunities at the local, state, and national level, including monitoring relevant grant list services that correspond with StarkMHAR programs and activities. Develop an in-depth understanding of the criteria and priorities applicable to each granting program and provide informed recommendations as to the appropriate funding leads to pursue. Create strategic approach for each grant proposal;
2. Coordination & Planning of Grant Writing: Collaborate with Director of Business Operations and other depts. to develop and submit well researched, well written, and well documented grant proposals, including the identification of measurable goals and objectives for program development; compiling program outlines, materials, and data to write compelling narratives.
3. Grant Writing & Preparation: Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations; Coordinate data collection and synthesize complex information into clear and concise letters of inquiry and grant proposals; Oversees the development of budget and financial report documents in collaboration with Clinical and Fiscal staff for the submission of new grants; Facilitate on-line grant submissions;
4. Post Award Coordination & Management: Prepare evaluation reports consistent with funder requirements; Oversees the development and maintenance of grants calendar; Responsible for overall analysis of grant activities to determine and maintain best practices in grants management; Assist in the successful integration of newly awarded grants both internally and externally, including oversight of Sub-Recipient monitoring and training of Sub-Recipient staff;
5. Resource Development Planning: Initiate process for creation of STARKMHAR Development Plan, which includes annual fund development campaigns, special events, and data management; Oversees maintenance of catalogue of all StarkMHAR Funding Sources;
6. Regional Projects: Collaborate with regional partners on grant writing and management, when necessary; Facilitate regional communication regarding funded proposals, when needed;
7. Agency Assistance: Provide technical assistance around STARKMHAR contract providers’ grants submission, at the contact provider’s request; participate actively, becoming familiar with the county public behavioral healthcare system and other relevant community entities;
8. External Relations: Build and maintain relationships and memberships in organizations that allow networking with other funders and related entities;
9. Internal Relations: Must work congenially and cooperatively with co-workers and the public; Assists in promoting cultural & linguistic competence within the Stark County community;
10. Other: Other duties as assigned that support the operations of the STARKMHAR.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with several years’ experience in research and grant writing/grant management process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
Superior written communication and editing skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals; Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; Must be skilled at interpreting regulations and reading financial statements and possess some statistical fluency. Must be highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills; Ability to work as a member of a team and independently and effectively across departments, handling multiple projects, and under pressure of deadlines for grant opportunities. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and Database Applications.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations - None
Nature of work requires ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Should be capable of moving up to 40 lbs. Travel by automobile will be required occasionally.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require availability for additional hours during peak periods. Requires periodic participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Note: The final applicant selected for this position, prior to appointment, will be required to submit to a drug test for illegal drug use. The test site shall be chosen and paid for by the Board. An applicant with a positive test result will not be offered employment.
*An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities that could qualify for a higher starting salary.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8AM to 5PM with one-hour unpaid lunch. Alternative scheduling may be available.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Apply online at https://starkmhar.applicantpro.com/jobs/1330330.html www.StarkMHAR.org/about/jobs
OR MAIL RESUME TO: Attention: Human Resource Department
Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery 121 Cleveland Ave SW
Canton, Ohio 44702
Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities
175 South Third Street, Suite 900, Columbus, Ohio 43215 - Phone: 614-224-1111
Cheri L. Walter, Chief Executive Officer